• Running alongside Newcastle Harbour, damaged concrete pathway needed replacement.
Scope of works
• Remove damaged concrete path.
• Replace with no-fines and drainage.
• Re-instate with 32mpa concrete.
• Working on a busy working harbour posed a number of difficulties including:
• Access, weather and water from rising tides.
• Difficult existing sea wall terrain adjacent to works.
• Constructing/affixing side-wall shutters onsite.
• Despite the challenges, HCH was able to halve the cost of the project by utilising two machines to hammer-break and load the existing concrete into waiting trucks.
• Results Project was delivered on time and on budget with limited disruptions.